Monday, June 24, 2013

Girl Room Reveal

After living in our home for almost 2 years, I finally decorated my 3 year old daughter's room. I'm in love with how it turned out, and love the fact that now she actually sleeps in her own room and not on our floor! If I knew that was going to be the case I would have made her room top priority. 

Everything in this room, with the exception of the curtains and curtain rod was either thrifted, from a garage sale or Craigslist. I'm all about getting the most for my money and with a little patience and collecting over the years (much to my husband's dismay) I was able to pull this room together for $200. 


The Pottery Barn Teen bed spread was the inspiration for the room. I picked it up at a thrift store for $9 including the matching sham!

I wanted to keep everything pretty simple and fresh. In the past I have seemed to "over decorate", so I wanted it to be very simple and uncluttered yet cute.

I want what's on the walls in my house to have meaning so this wall had lots of thought put into it. I also wanted my daughter to be involved in creating her room so I let her pick the pictures that went into these frames. She chose one of her in front of a temple for our church and the other is her with her best friend. 

I found this quote and instantly fell in love with it. The colors matched the room perfectly and the quote is one of my favorites.
 "What ere thou art, act well thy part"

These books have special meaning as they were my Grandma's books.


Every night I sing her "I Am a Child of God" so I knew this printable had to go in her room somewhere!

A dear friend gave this to her for her 1st birthday, I knew it would be perfect for her room someday.

The dresser has made its rounds to almost every room in our house, but has now found the perfect spot. I actually scored the dresser for free on Craigslist! It was a nasty orange color with the top in shambles, but nothing a little plywood and paint couldn't fix!

I wanted some sort of reading corner since Avalynn loves to read books. I thought about doing some rain gutter bookshelves but opted for a simple basket to put her books in, keeping with the simple fresh feel I was going for. 

I had so much fun putting her room together, so much that it's actually my favorite room in the house!

Room Info:
Wall Color- Gyser by Olympic
Yellow Frames- Whipped Apricot by Valspar
Dresser Color- White Raisin by Sherwin Williams
"I Am a Child of God" Printable- Deseret Book
"A" Printable- On to Baby

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, so don't be afraid to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...